Monday, August 23, 2010

Praying for Those Closest to You

This Weekly Word comes from Colossians 1:9-11.

"For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God: Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness."

Wow huh?!! There IS power in prayer, but...

I admit it, I do not pray as I should, nor as often as I should. Not even for my children. I need to pray for them more. I need to pray more earnestly for them. I need to plead for them. I need to pray for them!

But I fail. I'm inconsistent. I'm hurried. I fail to see the real need for praying for them.

God, in His awesome wisdom, looks down on His wretched daughter, probably sighs, and says, "Here, let me help you out...again..." He has brought something my way that is wonderful and will help me to train myself to be more consistent in praying for these four precious babies He's loaned to us.

Krisit over at Clothesline Musings sent out this calendar entitled Pray for Children. Each day has a character trait, prayer and Bible verse that you can use to bathe your children in prayer for that day. It is not a month specific calendar but simply numbered from 1-31 so that you can use it over and over again. This is beautiful!

Print it out, use it, Pray for your Children I know that I will be.

And not to be forgotten, our dear husbands. They carry so much that they don't tell us. They provide for us, they lead, they are in Satan's sight. They need our prayers!

I found a wonderful post about praying for our husbands. You might want to print it out and pray it daily! No, don't forget your husband!


Lovin' Learnin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us something!