Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Our favorite Audio Books

With so many great classic literature out there it is hard to get them all read. I always feel like I have to read them all now, at the same time!! But then nothing gets read. So what to do?

Enter Audio Books!! My kiddos have listened to audio books for quite some time but this past year and a half has been slam full of great "audio literature!" They have been introduced  to so many great authors by way of audio books.

This is by no means a substitute for reading, we will get to each of these in print sometime (Little Princess is coming up this year) but I feel that they have benefited from hearing them read by much better readers than me!

Here is our list of audio books we have enjoyed.
  • The Chronicles of Narnia-Focus on the Family Radio Drama - awesome! (Not crazy about Aslan's voice however!)
  • My Father's Dragon series 
  • Peter Pan
  • Homer Price
  • A Little Princess
  • Sarah, Plain and Tall
  • Little House in the Big Woods
  • Little House on the Prairie
  • Anne of Green Gables-Focus on the Family Radio Drama
  • Frog and Toad
  • Winnie-the-Pooh (original stories)
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-read by Eric Idle***Great audio!! Mr. Idle is awesome and this is one of our newest favorites!!! A must "hear!!"



Lovin' Learnin'

2 comments:

  1. Hey... I loved audio books too! Our favorites - Junie B, My Father's Dragon, Pippy Longstocking and Charlotte's Web. Enjoy! Nice updates to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my blog you asked about where I got my quote book bag. I got it at Barnes & Noble. Just wanted to let you know. :)

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us something!