Math Facts Now is a software program that is aimed at helping children gain speed in familiarity with their math facts.
From their website:
"Math Facts NOW!" is a simple yet very effective program that will identify weak areas in your child's knowledge of the times tables and basic facts of math, and drill in those specific areas, automatically giving increased drills in those areas.
Unlike popular math programs that rely on cartoon characters to entertain children rather than educate them, "Math Facts NOW!" relies on solid and time-tested principles for the development of exceptional speed of recall and long-term retention of math multiplication tables ("times tables") and all other basic math facts."
This has program has been put to great use here at our house! I, as a parent, LOVE it! Here is why:
- I love that you can choose to set a minimum number of problems for your child to complete along with a time limit for each problem.
- I love that you can set little rewards for your child when she gets all problems correct...they loved their hugs and kisses!
- I love that you can set up wrong answers to be typed in their entirety twice! When my child type in the wrong answer not only did I have her type them in twice but the program automatically gave her those same problems more frequently so that she could master them.
- I love, love, love that I could print out a progress report that was very detailed! It listed the amount correct, amount incorrect, time it took to complete each individual problem, the ones that she took too long on and time it took to complete the entire set of equations!
- I love that this program was so easy to be tailored to each individual child and could be used with children from a wide age range.
- And I love that is was so simple to use!
Also, originally this was set up to have a 50 problem minimum which is no problem for the older kids but kind of hard on the younger ones. Well, Tom Furtado, the owner of the program, graciously listened to the pleas of those of us with littles and adapted this so that we could set the minimum as low as 5 if we needed to! Can you say great customer support?!
Price: Download version - $15.95, CD-Rom version - $15.95 + 3.95 s/h