Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Maestro Classics:TOS Review

The Product:
In this review I will be telling you my opinion on Maestro Classic's' Peter and the Wolf CD. Maestro Classics brings favored children's stories and beautiful symphonies together in an unforgettable adventure. If you've enjoyed Baby Einstein and Classical Kids (the latter which we LOVE) then you will find a favorite with Maestro Classics.

This company strives to take beautiful children's stories, superb storytelling and the beautiful music from the London Philharmonic Orchestra and blend them together into a CD that your family will want to listen to over and over again!

The McMama Experience:
I LOVE this CD!!! My kids do too! I love that not only are they hearing great stories from amazing storytellers but they are being exposed to beautiful music that is enriching both to their minds and their lives. They are also getting an ear for different instruments in music.

I love how my kids got to hear very clearly the different moods that music can have. In the Peter and the Wolf CD each character is represented by a different instrument. The music style changes based on what that character experiences in the story. Believe me, they become very familiar with the sound of different instruments. It's a great education!!

The CD also comes with a 24 page program book that includes little puzzles for the kids to do and some information on the composer, the instruments and more!

We love this CD and will look into purchasing more from Maestro Classics in the future.

The Breakdown
These CD's are great for long car rides and I believe that children as young as 2 and as old as 99 would appreciate and enjoy these CDs.

Each CD and booklet retails for $16.98
You can find the other titles available here. Want to hear a sample or buy a gift set? Also be sure to check out the Maestro Classic's website as they have oodles of interesting materials there!
Photobucket

**Any products reviewed by me as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew have been given to me free of charge in order for me to provide you with an honest review of the product and/or how we used the product within our family. I do not receive any other form of compensation for the reviews posted on this blog.**


Lovin' Learnin'

1 comment:

  1. Hey McMama,

    Thanks for the wonderful review of our Peter and the Wolf CD this winter. I just wanted to let you know that since you reviewed our CD we've made a Facebook page so that our fans can participate in monthly giveaways (June was Peter and the Wolf, as a matter of fact) and get coupons. We'd love to invite you and your readers to join our page and thanks again for the lovely review!

    Ruth
    Social Media Coordinator
    Maestro Classics

    ReplyDelete

Tell us something!