Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Kitchen Helper

For a while now I have been burdened about spending more one-on-one time with my children. Having four children ,who are of close agedoes not make it easy to find time to spend alone with one of them. It is one of those things that is easy to think about but takes true effort to see it come to fruition.

Well, for me the "problem" has seen a solution! Each day for the past week one of the kids has helped me with the preparation of a meal. We have to eat and do so many times throughout the course of the week so it seemed embarrasingly obvious that this would bring about the time with each child that I had been desiring.

One day this week Brother helped me with breakfast. Here he is helping me to crack the eggs for our egg and cheese sandwich breakfast.


 

He did a terrific job and the backwards red Lightning McQueen hat just made him that much more handsome!!

This has been a great time for me because I have been able to have some great conversations with the  children while preparing meals. It's been wonderful to be able to have these moments and I plan to continue this as long as I am able!! Oh, and this counts as school-Home Ec. right?!! Don't you just love that?!!

Lovin' Learnin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us something!