Saturday, August 2, 2008

To discipline or not to discipline?!

Samuel has been in the habit lately of getting out of his bed after we've put him in there and turning on the light and playing. It's been an aggravation for his tired Mommy and Daddy but we've tried to be consistent in training him to obey.

Well, one night after they'd been in bed for about an hour, I got up to check on them. As I walked toward their rooms I saw that Sammy's light was on. I immediatley got out our "training rod" and began to think, "I can't believe that little rascal is up still!! Lord, how in the world are we going to get him to obey? I'm gonna let him know that this is not acceptable!"

I swung the door open so as to scare him and when I did, this is what I found...



He was dead asleep!!! I'm not sure if he'd been up playing or not but I just wanted to kiss his little face!!! And no, I didn't discipline him cause he taught me very quickly to not be so swift to jump to conclusions!!! He was asleep, just with the light on...and an indian headband on his head.

1 comment:

  1. He is so sweet. Seth gets up lately with every excuse under the sun... er... moon, too.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us something!