Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekly Word-Surrender

"And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."
Luke 9:23

It's hard when the Lord is wanting you to do something that you don't really want to do isn't it? It's tough when you feel Him tugging at your heart to surrender some area of your life over to Him so that He can do more.

I know first hand how that feels. There are things going on in my personal life that makes this verse apply directly to me. I've struggled with something for a few years now and the struggle is getting tiresome. Honestly I'm not sure what the Lord wants but struggling between making my own decision and praying for the Lord's direction is hard. What if He is asking me to surrender myself to that very thing that I have thought for so long that He didn't want. What will I do then?

You know, as a daughter of the King, my life is not my own. I am here to live for Him, to do His work, to bring Him honor and glory. Yes, even if that means doing exactly what I'm not very thrilled about doing.

What about you? Is the Lord asking you to surrender some area of your life to Him? Maybe you need to make a change in your homeschool, in your relationship with your husband, a co-worker, a friend or family member. Maybe your Pastor has asked you to serve in an area that you are not really wanting to. There are hundreds of senarios that I could mention but the focus here is on surrendering to the Lord no matter what the senario is!

Why? Because the Bible goes on to say, "For whosever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it." Luke 9:24

It does us no good to fight the will of God. What is He asking you to do today? Surrender your life to Him!!

Lovin' Learnin'

1 comment:

  1. Hi Girl -
    I just awarded you the Lovely Blog Award
    http://discovertheirgifts.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    Congrats! Monica

    ReplyDelete

Tell us something!