Friday, September 3, 2010

Time 4 Learning-TOS Review

The Product
T4L-Logo What is Time4Learning you say? Well, I’m glad you asked. Go ahead, grab a good ole cup ‘o Joe, sit back and read on.

“Time4Learning is a technology-based online educational program that teaches preschool to eighth grade curriculum using a combination of animated lessons, interactive activities and reinforcing worksheets.”

Yes, it’s the web. And yes, it’s great!
Although I homeschool and used this in my own homeschool Time4Learning is not just for homeschoolers. This program can be a great supplement to your child’s education whether it’s being implemented after school or during summer vacation.
math-2nd Having a month by month subscription allows you to be flexible in how and when you want to implement this program into your child’s education.
For $19.95 a month for the first child and $14.95 a month for each additional child you will have the tools necessary to boost learning opportunities in the way most children love best-using the computer.

The McMama Experience
Honestly when I found out that this was to be a web-based review I was a little apprehensive. I wasn’t sure I wanted my son to get so much computer exposure at such a young age. Oh I knew he would be excited I just wasn’t.
We dove in though and I have to say that now that everything is said and done I am so glad we had the opportunity to use this program. For us this was an all around great program.
Bother-T4L Brother would usually get on the Time4Learning website while I was working with the girls. He would spend an average of 30 minutes working through this. I loved that the program is set up in such a way that he was able to navigate his way around on his own. I sat with him the first couple of times but after that it was smooth sailing for him. Because we used the PreK level with him we noticed that the first level was too easy. T4L allows your child to have access to one level above and below where they are at so that they can advance or review as needed. We were able to move him up a level and that ended up being a perfect fit for this never-have-been-schooled boy.
Here are some of the things that I really appreciated about Time4Learning:

1. Comprehensive lesson plans are readily available on their site. For those of us who like to have paper in hand you can even print those lesson plans. I was able to see at any given time what he has learned and would be learning.
lesson-plans2
2. I was able to set a time minimum for “school time” before the program allowed him to go to the playground. (That is a page with an array of fun, child-friendly games and sites). Even his time there was limited by me-all without ever having to nag once! The program did all the work for me!

3. There was so much learning going on! This is not your “sugar-coated” junk for the mind program. Kids are actually learning!

4. Parent forum is available so that you can chat with other T4L users to glean and share ideas with.
Oh, there’s so much more that I could say but I don’t want to keep you here all day-your Joe will be cold and who likes a cold cup ‘o Joe?!

The Breakdown
language-arts-3rd Although at first  I was apprehensive, I have become a fan of Time4Learning. I am seriously considering subscribing here and there for the McKiddies. I know that the price is steep for our large family so we will only be able to swing this every now and then-but even then it will be worth it!
  • Time4Learning is a true educational tool that you can feel good about letting your children use.
  • $19.95/month for first child; $14.95 each additional child with a two week money back guarantee!!*These prices were in effect at the time of this writing.
Here are some helpful links for more info. 
 Grade by grade curriculum overview
 Scope and sequence guides
 Demos
 Special needs
 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
 Sign up! :)…just in case…
Photobucket

**Any products reviewed by me as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew have been given to me free of charge in order for me to provide you with an honest review of the product and/or how we used the product within our family. I do not receive any other form of compensation for the reviews posted on this blog.**

Lovin' Learnin'

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Love your review! Thanks - great info, links - and even a couple of chuckles. :-) I'm also following you now... Have a wonderfully blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review too! Thanks for stoppping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great review. The pictures and links were really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review girl!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

Tell us something!