Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lapbooking

Lapbooking, ever heard of it? Well lapbooking caught my eye quite some time ago but we are just now getting around to the actual making of the lapbooks. We have thoroughly enjoyed them!!! They are a great way for the children to learn with a hands-on approach and what child doesn't like that? The children are also cementing the concepts in their minds every time they interact with the lapbooks. GREAT!!!! Learning while playing...gotta love that!!!
Here are some videos of some of the lapbooks we've done here at Ruby Slippers School.

Transportation Lapbook:


If you would like to do this lapbook look here: http://www.homeschoolshare.com/transportation_lapbook.php

Creation Lapbook:


Here's the link for this lapbook: http://christianpreschoolprintables.com/blog1/?p=128

Addition Families Lapbook:

Look here for this lapbook: http://www.homeschoolshare.com/addition_facts_lapbook.php

If you'd like more info. on lapbooking check out this website for more explination and links to other great sites!!

www.lapbooklessons.com/jamin/2008/01/11/how-to-begin-lapbooking/

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! I'm going to use it with the boys for sure. Thanks, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the transportation lapbook! I homeschool our two boys age 7 and 5, and also watch a little girl who is 20 months. My boys are train nuts! I also love your little guy's name! My 5 year olds' first name is Elias, aka Eli. It was a family name. We are beginning our journey with HOD this fall, and I found the link to your blog on the message boards! You are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love lapbooking as well! It looks like you are doing terrific! :) This will be our first full year of homeschooling. I am thrilled that we decided to homeschool the kidlets.

    It look like you and your children will have amazing adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! I am definitely store this away for when Kaylee starts school!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us something!