Today I am reviewing something very different from my other reviews. Today's review is a nutrition and health curriculum for the entire family. The company, Growing Healthy Homes, is a family-owned company started in 2007 by a mom, her oldest daughter and daughter-in-law. Isn't that great?! The birth of this book came about from a desire to do better for their families and offer a way to teach their children in a way not offered before.
Nutrition 101-Choose Life 448 page book is available as a hard copy book, a CD-ROM or as a combination of CD-ROM (to print out certain pages) and hard copy book. (I would prefer the hard copy but that's just me.)
Why would you need both?
|Checking her pulse during our study on the heart.|
|Her play dough model of a heart.|
|A sample of the first page of chapter 1.|
- Available as a CD-ROM, a hard copy book or in combination with the CD-ROM.
- Current price as of the time of this review is: CD-ROM: $79.95, Printed book: $99.95 or the combo: $129.95
- Great to use as a family health/science/cooking course. But be prepared to do some paraphrasing for the younger set. Mom will have to look at the material ahead of time.
- Plenty of extra activities and questions. Great pictures.
- Here is a 15% off code: TOScrew11. This is the same discount you would receive at a Homeschool Convention.
If ya want to read what my Crew Mates thought of Nutrition 101 click on the banner and read away!!