Thursday, March 25, 2010

A picture is worth a thousand words

Big Sis came back from her class at church last night with this picture and I just LOVED it! I asked her what she had drawn and this is what she told me, "This is Joshua (in the middle) that other guy is just a man carrying the ark of the covenant and that is me, blowing the trumpet." It's a scene from the march around the wall of Jericho - with herself included.
So cute!!! She did such a great job I thought I'd share it with you!

You know I often worry because when it comes to expressing or explaining things verbally my kiddos struggle...quite a bit. We've started to really work on that with narration (the Charlotte Mason way) but they are very strong communicators when it comes to drawing what they're thinking about! Maybe this is a gift that the Lord can and will use in their future?!

At any rate I'm proud of their efforts and have bundles of pictures saved up for me to look over in my later years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us something!