Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Montessori Moments

We went to the library the other day and I check out a book called Teach Me to Do it Myself by Maja Pitamic. It is a book full of Montessori based activites and although I admit that I know nothing about Maria Montessori the activities in it looked great! I decided to try one out on Brother tonight since we stayed home from church because he was sick and I jammed my toe. We enjoyed our time tonight very much! I loved being able to spend some one on one time with him (of course Littlest Sis was here too) because I don't get much of that kind of time with him most days.

The object of the activity was to work on his fine motor skills and his grouping skills. Because we haven't done many "official" activities of this sort with him I wasn't sure how he'd do. Much to my surprise however he did GREAT!!

He was suppose to group 4 different colored links into four different jars using tweezers. According to the book the tweasers made this more advanced because they are small and require sharper find motor skills. I guess all that time he spends playing with Legos, cars and playdough have paid off in the find motor skill category!




Even Littlest had her turn at it (minus the tweezers) and she did great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us something!